Job OverviewYou will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of guest and staff member satisfaction while assisting with the day-to-day operation of the kitchen by performing the following duties:
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guests and meets specifications.
- Conducts daily shift meetings.
- Assists management with motivating, developing, coaching, and counseling culinary staff to maintain food quality standards.
- Notifies management of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring expo is managed efficiently.
- Assists with labor controls and assigning duties to staff members.
- Responsible for reporting any Staff Member issues to management.
- Assists management with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Assists with coordination of catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Maintains high level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates properly to guests.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- One to two years of kitchen experience in a high-volume Food and Beverage environment.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Basic computer skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.